Friday, February 13, 2009

Labor and Delivery

I just wanted to let everyone know that we are in the labor and delivery room at Ft. Sanders.
Warning: Could get graphic...
Sometime on Thursday my mucas plug came out, no big deal to me, I just ignored it.
Around midnight on one of the many trips I took to the bathroom I noticed that I was leaking some fluid. Thanks to my childbirth class, I knew it could be my water with a slow leak instead of a gush. I called Larissa (can been seen in the shower photo's below) to ask her opinion b/c I knew her water broke on its own with her first. She along with Jared were urging me to call the dr. I however did not want to b/c I knew they would make me come in. Sure enough, they wanted to see me.
10:00am we make it do the office, Dr. Shine (not my favorite) was the nurse oncall and she tested the fluid and it is for sure my water. I was dilated to 1.5 cm. at this point. She sends me over to L & D to get hooked up to monitors for contractions and baby's heart beat. They also started anitbotics since I was loosing water for sure.
Nothing really exciting happened during this time. I realized what contractions were and that I have been having them for a few weeks now just not severe. Late afternoon, still at 1.5 cm. During the day they were getting more severe and my wonderful nurse Amber suggessted some Stadol for pain. I love Amber and I love Stadol! lol It took affect within in 20 seconds of injection but made me have crazy dreams therefore no rest. They later decided to give me a sleeping pill Ambien which relaxed me and sent me to sleep. Around 5 this morning I met a new nurse and chatted with her about baby names and her pregnancy. Within minutes I fell off to sleep (I believe with The Lords hand upon me) and stayed asleep while 4 plus nurses ran into the room searching for baby lane's heart beat. I was as peaceful as I could be (again the hand of the Lord) they put oxygen on me and said I had a major contraction lasting 4.5 minutes and that was the cause of her heart beat to drop so rapidly. I knew what was going on, I just layed there and let them work until they said all was okay with us. While in the rush, they checked me and I was still 1.5 dilated.
This morning a new Dr. came in, Dr. Kinkead. In a nut shell... we are waiting to have this baby. They will not do anything to help her come, she has to come on her own, UNLESS we have another episode like we did this morning. However, that could mean tomorrow, or 3 weeks from now. Waiting without anwsers is the hardest part, the thing is... no one has the anwsers except our Lord and Baby Lane. He may order a ultrasound to check the fluid level and we really wish he would!
I think we have decided on a name but hey, you have waited this long, I think you can wait until she gets here! :)

2 comments:

Mindy said...

How far along are you? Just keep in the back of your mind that the doctors I work for say girls usually do better than girls. We will be praying for you and Baby Lane.

Mindy said...

Oops! I meant girls do better than BOYS! That's mommy brain for you!