Monday, August 25, 2008

What a day...

Today we had our first ultrasound and exam. Only one baby - sorry Momma and Keaton.
They found the babies heart beat with no problem and it was going strong. Dr. Vick said that the risk of miscarriage is 20% until they find the heart beat and once they do, it goes down to 1%. Interesting fact I wasn't aware of. They said I was measuring 8 weeks and 6 days, which was only one day off from the original date they gave me which was March 29th. So yesterday makes me 9 weeks and we can find out the sex between 18 and 20 weeks!! I wanted to go ahead and schedule that appointment today but she wouldn't let me. I go back in 4 weeks to go over my blood work and make sure all is well there. They did say that I would have to have 3 sugar tests instead of 2 because of my daddy's history of being a diabetic and on insulin. I have also had 3 good days! Thank you Jesus!

We also decided on Saturday that we needed a new bedroom suit before the baby comes. Selfish I know! We went and picked that out and they will deliver it on Wednesday! With new furniture comes lots of work. (Oh, we also had to have a new tv :) ) So with the help of Darin and Brian, we got the old furniture moved to goodwill and the new tv mounted on the wall! Thanks guys! My job was to clean the base boards, walls and floors. Needless to say, I am worn out! Also, thanks to Rickey and Debbie we were able to do all this without Trooper being in our way! Thanks for watching our other baby! Well tonight we get to sleep on our mattress on the floor until our other one comes. I just hope its a good nights rest! Thanks for all your love and support.

Until then...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooo I'm so excited! I can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl. Have you thought of names?

Anonymous said...

No, no names yet. Jared wants to wait until we find out the sex of the baby first. He CLAIMS he likes Nixon but I don't believe him nor do I like it. That is the only name he keeps telling me right now. lol

Frances Vineyard said...

Hey Summer, I just found your blog! Congratulations! Sorry to see all these posts about being sick. I was so sick with the boys, but it just means that everything is going great! Keep your spirits up! Dr. Vick is great! I'll add you to my blog roll1